Hardy Girls is working with sister organizations across the U.S. and Canada on a full-scale, girl driven campaign to change media’s representation of girls. We want you to have the information, power, and support it takes to demand more real girls with real lives, real interests, and real bodies in media and fewer mean girl, pole-dancing, shopaholic fashionistas. This will be a fun, edgy, creative campaign that connects you with other girls across a variety of platforms, including social networking sites like Facebook, YouTube, MySpace, and Twitter.
So if you want to speak your mind and strut your stuff, if you want to join with other girls and start a new girl movement, help us NAME THIS CAMPAIGN!
Tell us which name you like best on the poll to the right. If you have a better suggestion, email us at email@example.com. If we choose your original name over one of ours listed below, we’ll send you a $100 iTunes gift card.
So, drum roll please...?
Here they are!
- Get Real! A Campaign for All Girls
- ROAR (Reclaim Girlhood; Organize; Assert Ourselves; Rescue Media)
- G-WAVE (Girls With Active Voices Everywhere)
- Girl Up! (as in Be Strong, Stand up, Speak up)
- PBG (Powered By Girls)
- That's What She Says (Turning a joke that makes girls sexual objects into a chance for real girls to talk back and making it an active statement of girls' voices!)
Vote Now! And tell your friends by emailing, sharing through Facebook and Twitter, and good old-fashioned word-of-mouth!!